We are waiting and waiting for our OUV-assessment. It’s really frustrating having a ready to go airplane and waiting for the bureaucracy. Meanwhile I am doing minor things, which where originally planned after the first start. Today I fabricated a fairing for the left wheel. As suggested by other builders I used Lexan (or the […]Continue Reading... Comments Off on Waiting and Waiting for the OUV – Gear Fairings
Today we finished the landing gear! The final covering will be done later, when painting.Continue Reading... No Comments.
This picture shows the brakes installed. My kit came with brakes from Matco.Continue Reading... No Comments.
I used this rope as intermediate bungees. Will be replace before the first start by real bungees.Continue Reading... No Comments.
An impressive achievement today: The Rebel is standing on his own legs. Landing gear is installed.Continue Reading... No Comments.
Today we did the (hopefully) final mounting of the landing gear. It looks great. Tomorrow the next tire and then the Rebel is ready for the first excurstion outside the garage.Continue Reading... No Comments.
After some consideration, I decided to put inspection holes into the fuselage bottom. Thus the AN5 bolts in the carrythroughs may be accessed from outside. Just in case I need to remove also the cross section (“X”) of the landing gear. Hole size is 2 1/4 “. The enlarged hole in […]Continue Reading... No Comments.
Today I mounted the tires on the rims. This was one of the sometimes occuring tasks that take much longer than expected. The Dico tire of my kit did not really sit correctly on the rim. This was one of the problems various builder on the rebel builder list reported on. Polishing the rim […]Continue Reading... No Comments.
With the experience from the left side, the right gear was a straightforward task. Drilling the axle with the stainless steel drills was easy this time.Continue Reading... No Comments.
Continue Reading... No Comments.
This shows the safety cable for the landing gear, put inside the tubes. The first time I made a nicopress connection. It worked ok with the cheap swaging tool I have.Continue Reading... No Comments.
All parts for the tailwheel installation are done. One final thing is to tighten all bolts. The bolts where missing. I need to order the bolts and have to wait.Continue Reading... No Comments.
This is a spacer (from Delrin) to fix the tailwheel spring. Since I added a doubler (FUS-30) at the tailwheel position, the AN6 bolt is short and a longer one to be installed.Continue Reading... No Comments.
The tail wheel delivered with my kit is permanently connected, there is no handle to disconnect it from rudder during moving the fuselage. To overcome this I plan to build a small “moving platform” to put under the tail wheel.Continue Reading... No Comments.
First part of landing gear installed. Thats all I can do for now. I have to wait for some parts to be delivered from Aircraft Spruce. It’s hard to get inch sized bolts and drills here in Europe. Spruce delivering from US is the best source, but it takes some time.Continue Reading... No Comments.
To prepare installing the landing gear, I removed the construction table and fixed the fuselage on the ceiling of the garage. Looks cool. Probably the first “flying feeling” for the fuselage.Continue Reading... No Comments.
This was hard work: Drilling two holes in the axle (in the alu block) needed approximately 10 drills. Being used to aluminum this is a different experience. In the end HSS-CO drills (for stainless steel) worked well and achieved the break through. These hole will be enlarged to 5/16″ .Continue Reading... No Comments.