All cowling doors are finished. So the first phase of the cowling is done. Before doing the final hole drilling I did a test fit of the spinner. It fits quite well. It’s not optimal, it could be 2 mm higher, maybe I can correct this when the rivets and screws are fixed. There is […]Continue Reading... No Comments.
We continued to work on the cowling. On the left side of the cowling we needed some more space on the underside due to the exhaust pipe. So I build a angle from 0.032 and used the shrinker to get a nice round contour where the cowling door will sit on.Continue Reading... No Comments.
After building the frame for the cowling, the doors are built. I did a mockup with posterboard first and then build the final door from 0.020 aluminum.Continue Reading... No Comments.
After we received the spinner, it is clear how much space we need between the spinner plate and the nose bowl. So we could start constructing the cowling frame. I used 0.032 angles (8 of them) for the frame. The nose cowl has a 30 mm narrow strip from 0.032 aluminum installed around the flange. […]Continue Reading... No Comments.