We are waiting and waiting for our OUV-assessment. It’s really frustrating having a ready to go airplane and waiting for the bureaucracy.
Meanwhile I am doing minor things, which where originally planned after the first start.
Today I fabricated a fairing for the left wheel. As suggested by other builders I used Lexan (or the European brand “Makrolon”). I used 1 mm Lexan, which is easy to work with. On the picture it is still protected with foil. It will be transparent later on and then painted.
I am happy with the outcome and hope to get some more knots cruise speed by these fairings. Next step is to finally mount them with power tape and rivets.