• New Tailspring and Tailwheel

    Having to repair the tailwheel, I decided to go for a slightly new setup. One of the major considerations was weight. With such a long lever I didn’t want to move the CofG farther backwards.

    So after consulting the helpful Murphy builders list, my reviewer and my examiner I decided for a setup based on Aeronca spring and Matco tailwheel. This all fits very well to the original setup. This setup is a little heavier than the original one, but after calculating the CofG everything is still fine.

    Unfortunately it took over 3 months to get all this parts. It was a nightmare because of the European distributor.

Comments are closed.