As required by the VLA and EASA specifications I needed to install a fireproof identification plate. I decided to install it near the left fin. For marking I used a fireproof stainlees steel plate engraved by laser. This laser engraving is available via Internet.Continue Reading... Comments Off on Identification Plate
The improved fibre glass fairing is done. Gives a much better appearance and is aerodynamically better. The biggest advantage is that there is no fear to loose this fairing. It nearly fixes without any screw. The next pictures shows the fabrication stages of this part. It’s always a great fun to work with glass […]Continue Reading... No Comments.
I was not to happy with the aluminum version of the front fairing. I think aerodynamically it is not the best solution. So we started to fabricate the front fairing from fibre glass. The picture shows the start with peel-ply as the last layer.Continue Reading... No Comments.
This is the fairing on the underside of the elevator.Continue Reading... No Comments.
Some details still have to be done. One of this is the tail fairings. Picture shows the elevator fairing made from aluminum. This fairing part is not so easy to fabricate. You have to bend it yourself from a sheet of 0.016 aluminum. You can also see the small aluminum fairing at the front. This […]Continue Reading... No Comments.
The tips delivered by Murphy were really of minor quality. They did not fit properly and putting them together left a big channel in the middle. I decided to rework all tips. With the help and instruction by friends from the glider club, Martin reworked them. After sanding the black covering coat did […]Continue Reading... No Comments.
Other rebel builders on the builder list reported on cracks at the elevator outboard rib. After having test fitted the elevator tip with a relatively heavy counterweight, it is clear that there will be some twisting force at the elevator end, which may over time lead to cracks in this area. As proposed by […]Continue Reading... Comments Off on Elevator Tip Reinforcements
This sunday we could do some nice steps. The horizontal stabs are at least temporarily installed. I am happy with the result. It all fitted quite well, only a little sanding was required. The both stabs are perfectly levelled, the ancle of incident set to 1 degree. Nevertheless the stabilizers are perfectly in 90 […]Continue Reading... No Comments.
I am happy to have a lot of different levelling tools (“Wasserwaagen”). These are my favourites.Continue Reading... No Comments.
The angle of the horizontal stabilizer has to be 1 degree down. As you can see, we managed this. The electronic level makes it very convenient to measure the corresponding angles.Continue Reading... No Comments.
FUS-30 in the rear is a tricky part to install. Especially since we decided to install a 0.032 doubler. Adhesive tape (“Panzerband”) is essential for this task.Continue Reading... No Comments.
Last picture before closing rudder (I believe). The blue color is my nano coating, which is applied to all mating parts.Continue Reading... No Comments.