New blog layout

Due to incompatibilites of my old wordpress layout with the new versions, I had to switch to a new theme. All info is still there, it will take some time …

Strut Fairing

In the meantime I also made the strut fairings. They are fabricated from 0.015″ aluminum as per the manual. Getting them in a proper shape is a lot of work. …

Weight and Balance

With support from the local aircraft works, I did the weighing of the Rebel this morning. I am quite happy with the results: Although I installed a ballistic recovery system …

Engine Running!

A great day today! The engine was started for the first time. It all went perfect. The engine started immediately. All engine values showed absolutely great values. Several security precautions …

Wing Transport

Same trailer was used to transport the wings to the airport hangar. It was only possible to carry one wing at once. In any case it was a safe position …

Fuel Flow Test

    Having a crane available in the workshop, I put the Rebel to the expected maximum positive angle of attack. So I put it into 15,5 degree positive angle …

Epoxy System

The picture shows the epoxy system we used, all from R&G Faserverbundstoffe. Good stuff, probably much better than necessary for the simple, unstructural parts we had to make.

Moving wings

Also the wings have to be moved. I used a former lumber trailer. It took both wings perfectly. The transport itself was not problem. Wings arrived without damage.     …

Moving Airplane

Our building starts into a new phase. To be able to mount the wings, we had to move the airplane. The wings wouldn’t fit into our garage, so we moved …

Fan Shirt

  This looks like a real fan shirt. In fact it was just by coincidence that Martin bought this shirt. I hope it still fits when he will fly the …

Drilling Gauge

  This simple (self made) gauge helps when drilling on the fuselage. It keeps the drill in the right direction, 90 degrees to  the surface.